OUR PURPOSE STATEMENT |
The Clay-Platte Baptist Association is a network of Baptist churches in Clay and Platte counties committed to working together to strengthen churches, transform communities and make disciples in their neighborhoods and beyond. The primary work of the Clay-Platte Baptist Association is to assist churches in church planting, church vitality, leadership development and partnership missions.
In 1980 the Clay Platte Baptist Association consisted of 40 churches in a community of 180,000. Today the community has grown to 320,000 while the CPBA has grown to 49 churches. The CPBA would have to plant 21 churches just this year in order to get back to per capita level it was at 30 years ago. There is a great need for more churches to be planting in the Northland of Kansas City. That’s why it is our goal to plant 50 churches in the next 10 years. One of the primary purposes of the CPBA is to work with local churches to plant new churches in our community. We assist them in a variety of ways.
• Recruiting potential church planters
• Raising awareness of the need among established churches and recruiting sponsor churches
• Assessing, training and coaching church planters
• Helping to establish and maintain strong partnerships between planters and sponsor churches
• Conducting local training events and facilitating local networking events
• Providing and accessing funding for new church plants
While there is a great need for new churches in our community, it's also important that the established church be strengthened as well and at times revitalized. The CPBA works with local church leaders to help strength churches in a number of ways.
• Providing counsel, training and resources for declining churches
• Forming partnerships between struggling churches and healthier churches
• Consulting with local church leaders in areas such as outreach, strategic planning and conflict resolution
• Helping churches fill staff vacancies
While there are lot of great resources and events out there that focus on leadership development, not everyone is able to take advantage of them due to budget and other constraints. The CPBA desires to provide quality leadership development events that can be delivered locally, thus allowing more people to participate. These include events for staff and lay leaders.
• Facilitating various ministry networks
• Monthly networking luncheons
• Hosting local training events
• Promoting regional events that would a benefit our leaders
• Consulting with staff and lay leaders
Our churches are involved in a variety of mission projects and organize many mission trips on their own. However, we believe there are many things we can do more effectively if we work together. One of our goals is to facilitate opportunities for our churches to work together on mission trips and projects.
• Outreach efforts on our college campuses
• Disaster Relief
• Student Mission Trip to El Salvador
OUR DOCTRINAL STATEMENT |
The following doctrinal statement of the Clay-Platte Baptist Association is based on the 1925, 1963 and 2000 versions of The Baptist Faith and Message.
Our sole authority for faith and practice is the Bible. While we affirm the soul’s competency before God, freedom in religion and the priesthood of the believer, we offer this statement as a consensus of historical doctrines that we believe and by which we are identified.
• The Holy Bible was written by men divinely inspired by God. It has God for its author, salvation for its end, and truth without any mixture of error, for its matter. All Scripture is totally true and trustworthy.
• There is one and only one living and true God. The eternal God reveals Himself to us as Father, Son and Holy Spirit, with distinct personal attributes, but without division of nature, essence, or being. God is all powerful, all knowing, all loving and all wise.
• Jesus Christ is the eternal Son of God. In His incarnation as Jesus Christ He was conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary. Through His death on the cross He made provision for the redemption of people from sin. He was raised from the dead with a glorified body. He ascended into heaven and is now exalted at the right hand of God where He is the One Mediator, fully God, fully man, in whose Person is effected the reconciliation between God and man.
• The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God. He inspired holy men of old to write the Scriptures. He cultivates Christian character, comforts believers and bestows the spiritual gifts by which they serve God through His church.
• Man is the special creation of God, made in His own image. By his free choice man sinned against God and brought sin into the human race. Only the grace of God can bring man into His holy fellowship.
• There is no salvation apart from personal faith in Jesus Christ as Lord. Salvation is offered freely to all who respond in repentance toward God and faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. All true believers persevere to the end.
• A New Testament church of the Lord Jesus Christ is an autonomous local congregation of baptized believers, associated by covenant in the faith and fellowship of the gospel; observing the two ordinances of Christ, governed by His laws, exercising the gifts, rights, and privileges invested in them by His Word, and seeking to extend the gospel to the ends of the earth.
• Christian baptism is the immersion of a believer in water in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. It is an act of obedience symbolizing the believer’s faith in a crucified, buried and risen Savior, the believer’s death to sin, the burial of the old life, and the resurrection to walk in newness of life in Christ Jesus.
• The Lord’s Supper is a symbolic act of obedience whereby members of the church, through partaking of the bread and the fruit of the vine, memorialize the death of the Redeemer and anticipate His second coming.
• Jesus Christ will return personally and visibly in glory to the earth; the dead will be raised; and Christ will judge all people in righteousness. The unrighteous will be consigned to hell, the place of everlasting punishment. The righteous in their resurrected and glorified bodies will receive their reward and will dwell forever in heaven with the Lord.
• It is the duty and privilege of every follower of Christ and of every church of the Lord Jesus Christ to endeavor to win the lost and make disciples of all nations.